Skocz do zawartości

20' EU Container trailer 1:24

truckmodell

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

Hi

My new project is EU container trailer for 20' container. All parts I will make with CNC. I will use Tyres and mudguards from Italeri.

For drawing I'm using 3D programme. All parts I will make from Polystyrole. I decided that for this trailer I will do 2 chassis, namely one chassis will be designed for Italeri container which it doesn't have right measures, the second chassis will be for real container or tank container. 20' Italeri container has 25cm, the real 20' container has got 25,4cm.

DSC07476.jpg_zpsleqtn7yo.png

DSC07477_zpsgnnhol8w.jpg

DSC07488_zpsex3eycb3.jpg

DSC07497_zpsbiupip9h.jpg

DSC07503_zpshkbycshf.jpg

DSC07508_zpslbafb0ix.jpg

• Odpowiedzi 86
  • Created
  • Ostatniej odpowiedzi

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the forum! Very interesting project indeed, as far as I know there's somebody from Dutch Model Club who makes simmilar trailers as a kits for sale, it's a copy of the two axle container trailer from 70ties with twin tyre wheels, maybe You came across that kit?

Yes, Italeri makes lots of mistakes if it comes to measurements, even if You take their FH kit and asemble it, still looks like out of proportions, especialy from the front. Anyway, do you have any plans for the tractor (if You decide to build one), colour sheme?

Hi "tomeka6"

Thank you for welcome on the forum.

I don't like the trailer from Dutch Model Club, I think that it could be made more beautiful. The trailer which I'm making has got 3 achses and is newer than Dutch Modele. Complete trailer will be made with CNC, except mudguards and tyres will be from Italeri. The trailer will be grey. Which tractor will I make I don't know yet, probably will be Iveco Stralis. It could happen that tractor will wait because I have in plan making one interesting trailer for exceptional transport.

David

Ya, 3 axle would be more modern, and cnc milled frame is much better than from most ordinary plastic kits. I have a trailer kit which I've bought some 6, maybe 7 years ago from Modelmakershop.com, it is 50 ft american trailer - apart from resin air suspension, all kit is cnc milled and quality is second to none, no holes, no filling, maybe just light sanding, that's all, but the overall quality it's just perfect.

Stralis would pair excellent with this trailer. Well, i have nothing more to write than wish You good luck with your build and that I will be watching the topic with huge interest. Keep us posted Dave!

Hi "tomeka6"

This trailer which you bought before 6 years ago I'm already searching for 3 years. I'm interesting in if you already made this trailer and you have in your showcase or it still wait on making. I'm also searching for Steelbo Trailer, which it made somebody from Australia and also this trailer I can not find it:

http://www.globaltrailermag.com/news/article/steelbro-a-question-of-timing

David

My trailer is still in the box, I have an idea for it, but I'm not ready yet to build anything American. That trailer from Your link, I think the man from Auslowe Truck Model Accessories made it (I'm not 100% sure), but if You're on Facebook, just type Auslowe Truck Model Accessories and ask him about it, at least he might know who used to make them. Let me know if You need an email to this guy, I have it.

P.S. Something happened to the pics, cannot see them :( .

Hi

'tomeka6' I have one good idea for this trailer which was selling modelmaker.shop but about this I will tell you later. For Steelbro Trailer I'm not 100% sure that is this project from Auslowe. I could ask him but not over Facebook because is this for me very stupid net side.

Yes problem with pictures I cause me because I'm loading on 'photobucked' and this pictures I displaced in new folder and the pictures were disappeared. Now I return the pictures in old folder, but one pictures I did not save.

Some progress on trailer:

DSC07513_zps6rs33skr.png

DSC07514_zps2sllpp4w.jpg

DSC07515_zpsvzfppzzc.jpg

DSC07517-a_zpsqgtdg3pn.png

DSC07525_zps4ldcqs8g.jpg

DSC07535_zpsuxk4jah1.jpg

DSC07536_zps3oge8pv5.png

DSC07538a_zpspbjb6icl.png

DSC07539_zpsgo15ybtp.jpg

DSC07540d_zps2lhbxnxr.jpg

Man, You moving forward very fast with this project, I wish I had that speed . That frame looks awesome already! Anyway, about that Steelbro trailer, You can also ask on www.truckmodelworld.net/forum. There's lots of modellers from Australia, NZ and from all over the world. I'm sure that someone remember those kits and would point you in the right direction. It's worth to try .

Hi

'tomeka6' which trucks do they do in Poland? Are trucks Star and Jelcz made in Poland?

David

Yes, but they're not Polish anymore. They used to be in Polish hands, but after 1990, everything changed for much worse. After the communism "fell", Polish industry was destroyed, now nothing is Polish anymore, we're flooded with foreign products, so we working in REAL's, Auchan's and PRAKTIKER's for shite money, without even possibility of making and selling our own stuff which we once had. You can say, that Jelcz and Star were Polish until the massive robbery, which was legally called privatisation after 1990..... and it's still happening....

P.S. Are you planning to make a model of Jelcz or Star? I hope not with the Man cab ....

It's very convenient that you have a possibility to use CNC for all your parts. Lookin' good man .

Hi,

your job is really amazing , especially looking at that designed and built at one time using CAD and CNC.

Could you tell us what company bulit this trailer and how many years has?

And the last one, you choose really difficult axle to build, looking at this picture.

1SAF_INTRADISC.jpg

Sorry for my english,

Przemek.